The International archaeology day organized by the Archaeological institute of America.
For the third time will join Czech archaeologist the International archaeology day organized by the Archaeological institute of America. The archaeologist in the Czech Republic will organize many guided tours, lectures, games and educative programs for children. As well as their colleagues in a lot of museums, archaeological sites and open-air museums in the United States, Canada, Netherlands, Slovakia, Poland, Malta, Greece and other places worldwide.
Our choice of some interesting events in the Czech Republic:
- Prague – 15/10 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm – guided tours in the excavations of the rotunda of St Venceslaus at Malostranské square. Number of visitors is limited – tickets available at: 20, Celetná Street, Prague 1.
- Sázavský klášter / Sázava Abbey — 15/10 – at 10:30 am, 1:00 pm and 3:30 – guided tours of the monastery focused on archaeology.
- Museum Litoměřice – free entrance to the exhibition “Tisíc let spali ve stínu Radobýlu” / “They have slept for a thousand years in the shade of Radobýl hill”.
- Turnov – Muzeum Českého Ráje – 20/10 2016 – from 4:00 PM – experimental iron melting in a replica of a historical metallurgical furnace.
- Brno – Moravské zemské museum v Paláci šlechtičen. Moravian county museum in the Palace of Noblewomen. 15/10 3:00 pm guided visit of the exhibiton “Poklady barbarů” / “Treasures of Barbarians”.
Býčí skála – the mysterious cave will be open to public in May 2015
Note: Statuette of the bull you can find in the Museum of Natural History in Vienna – unfortunately till autumn 2015 is the prehistorical exhibitionclosed to public – Naturhistorisches Museum Wien